RITZ "Smashed" Potato Bites
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 2 topped crackers each.
- ½ cup chopped cooked broccoli
- ¼ cup cheese dip
- 12 hot cooked Yukon gold potatoes (1 lb.), cut in half
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 2 Tbsp. bacon bits
- Microwave broccoli and cheese dip in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until heated through, stirring after 30 sec.
- Smash potato halves, 1 at a time, with back of fork or spoon. Place on crackers.
- Top with broccoli mixture and bacon bits.
- Serve warm.
For best results, use potatoes that measure about 1-1/4-inches in diameter. You can also prepare this delicious recipe using baby red potatoes.
- Sour Cream, Bacon & Chive Potato Bites
Omit the broccoli and cheese dip. Top crackers with potatoes as directed, then top each with 1/2 tsp. sour cream, 1/4 tsp. bacon bits and a sprinkle of chopped fresh chives.
- Let Everyone Top Their Own
Set up a topping bar with a variety of ingredients, such as salsa, guacamole, warm chili, chopped green onions and/or sour cream. Then, let your guests top their hot "smashed" potatoes with their favorite toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3.5g|
|Saturated fat 0.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|