RITZ Sausage and Pickled Pepper Nachos
This fun appetizer idea tops crisp RITZ Crackers with all the flavors of your favorite Italian sausage sandwich in an easy to serve way! Perfect for game day.
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 11 servings, 4 topped crackers each.
- ½ lb. Italian sausage
- 44 RITZ Crackers
- 3 oz. provolone cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup sliced pickled sweet peppers, drained
- 2 Tbsp. slivered red onions
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove casings from sausage, if necessary. Crumble sausage into large skillet; cook and stir on medium-high heat until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Place 16 crackers in 12-inch round on pizza pan sprayed with cooking spray. Starting at inner edge of cracker ring, make additional rows of crackers to completely fill center of ring, overlapping edges of crackers as necessary to make even layer of crackers.
- Top with layers of 1/2 cup cheese, sausage, peppers, onions and remaining cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake 5 to 7 min. or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce.
- Serve cracker nachos with marinara sauce.
Prepare using ground turkey or crumbled turkey sausage. Or, substitute sliced cooked Italian sausage links for the cooked crumbled sausage.
Substitute 1 cup shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend for the provolone cheese.
Prepare using your favorite pickled peppers, such as mild banana pepper slices, hot pepper rings or sliced pickled cherry peppers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|