RITZ Samosa Snacker
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes (3/4 lb.), cooked, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. grated gingerroot
- ½ tsp. EACH chili powder, garam masala, ground cumin and salt
- ¾ cup frozen petite peas (Do not thaw.)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus 12 leaves for garnish
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 12 RITZ Crackers
- 1 Tbsp. tamarind chutney
- Mash potatoes lightly, leaving a few small chunks; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chiles and ginger; cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in dry seasonings. Add potatoes and peas; stir. Cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Add chopped cilantro and lemon juice; mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 cup potato mixture evenly onto crackers; top with chutney and cilantro leaves.
- Cool remaining potato mixture, then refrigerate up to 3 days before using as desired.
Enjoy the great taste of eating well in these buttery crackers topped with the spiced vegetable flavors of samosas.
- How to Use the Leftover Potato Mixture
Use the leftover potato mixture to prepare traditional samosas. Or, you can reheat the potato mixture and serve it as a hot side dish.
Prepare these sliders using your favorite homemade or store-bought tamarind chutney. Or you can instead prepare this delicious recipe using mint chutney.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Added sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|