RITZ Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms are full of the familiar flavors of pizza in this popular appetizer recipe. Add your favorite toppings, like pepperoni, for a custom snack bite.
- 20 large mushrooms (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 26 RITZ Crackers, coarsely crushed, divided
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Set aside. Reserve mushroom caps for later use.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chopped mushroom stems and garlic; cook and stir 3 min. Remove skillet from heat.
- Add marinara sauce, mozzarella, oregano, 1 Tbsp. Parmesan and 1/2 the parsley to mushroom mixture in skillet; stir to combine. Reserve 1/4 cup cracker crumbs for later use. Stir remaining crumbs into mushroom mixture.
- Spoon mushroom mixture into mushroom caps; place, filled sides up, on rimmed baking sheet. Combine reserved cracker crumbs with remaining Parmesan and parsley; sprinkle over filled mushroom caps.
- Bake 15 min. or until heated through.
These flavorful stuffed mushrooms are a smart appetizer that can fit into your balanced diet.
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
For the pepperoni pizza lovers, add 2 or 3 mini pepperoni slices to filling in each stuffed mushroom before baking as directed.
- Special Extra
Serve mushrooms topped with additional warmed marinara sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|