RITZ Peanut Butter and Chocolate Touchdown Treats
These sweet treats are the perfect blend of sweet and salty, chocolate and peanut butter. Make a batch of these easy-to-prepare desserts for your tailgating party.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 cracker sandwich each.
- 48 RITZ Crackers
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate (6 oz.), melted
- 1 tube (4.25 oz.) decorating icing
- Place 24 crackers, top sides down, in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Spread crackers on baking sheet with peanut butter, adding about 1 tsp. peanut butter to each cracker.
- Cover with remaining crackers, top sides up, to make 24 sandwiches. Gently press top crackers into peanut butter to secure.
- Dip cracker sandwiches, one at a time, halfway into melted chocolate. Return to prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 10 min. or until chocolate is firm.
- Decorate with icing to resemble footballs as shown in photo.
Increase the chocolate to 2 (4-oz.) pkg. of chocolate. Instead of dipping the cracker sandwiches halfway into the melted chocolate, coat the sandwiches completely with the melted chocolate. Continue as directed. If desired, you can omit the icing used to decorate the cracker sandwiches.
Omit the decorating icing. Coat the cracker sandwiches with the melted chocolate as directed, then top evenly with 2 Tbsp. colored sprinkles in the color(s) of your favorite sports team.
- Decorating Icing
You can decorate all the cracker sandwiches in 1 color of icing, or you can instead decorate them using the colors of your favorite sports team. If you can't find the 4.25-oz. tubes of icing, you can use about half of an 8-oz. or 9-oz. tube of cookie decorating icing. You will need to plan on using about 1/4 tsp. of icing for each cookie sandwich.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Added sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|