RITZ Holiday Ornament Cheese Balls
Holiday party appetizers just got easier with this beautiful cheese ball duo that makes the perfect centerpiece for a Christmas charcuterie board served with RITZ Crackers.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. cheese spread and 5 crackers each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) garlic and herb cheese spread
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (about 1/2 of 4-oz. container), divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- RITZ Crackers
- Mix cheeses until well blended. Divide cheese mixture in half; shape each half into a ball. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Unwrap cheese balls. Reserve 1 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds for later use. Roll 1 cheese ball in remaining seeds, turning to completely cover cheese ball with seeds; press seeds into cheese ball to secure.
- Roll bottom of remaining cheese ball in parsley. Sprinkle reserved pomegranate seeds onto top of cheese ball; gently press parsley and seeds into cheese ball to secure.
- Serve with crackers.
- Special Extra
Wrap whole chives or green portions of green onions around each cheese ball for a ribbon and bow.
- Make a Holiday Cheese Board
Place these 2 cheese balls on a serving board or platter for the base of a holiday cheese board. Arrange RITZ Crackers and some fruit, such as clementine segments, around the cheese balls on the board. Add small bowls of lightly salted nuts and olives, and fresh herb sprigs or branches, such as rosemary or thyme, to the board.
- Make Ahead
These fun cheese balls can be prepared up to 2 days before serving. Individually wrap uncoated balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator then roll in pomegranate seeds and parsley as directed. The coated cheese balls can then be refrigerated up to 6 hours before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|