RITZ Hoagie Football Toppers
We all want a fun appetizer for our football tailgate party – try this one for a change! These bite size hoagies are the best choice with stacked sandwich toppings with a mayo football on top!
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 3 topped crackers each.
- 8 slices deli-style ham (1/2 oz. each)
- 8 slices Genoa salami (1/3 oz. each)
- 8 sharp cheddar cheese slices (3/4 oz. each)
- 4 lettuce leaves, each torn into 12 small pieces
- 6 small plum tomatoes, each cut into 8 slices
- 48 RITZ Crackers
- ¼ cup creamy Italian dressing
- Stack 1 slice EACH ham, salami and cheese. Repeat with remaining meat and cheese slices to make 7 additional stacks, varying the order of the 3 slices. Use 1-1/2x1-inch football or oval-shaped cookie or canapé cutter to cut 6 shapes out of each stack for the footballs. Reserve meat and cheese trimmings for another use. (See tip.)
- Cover crackers with lettuce, tomatoes and football-shaped cutouts.
- Pour dressing into resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to drizzle dressing over cutouts to resemble the football laces.
Look for prepackaged square ham and cheese slices (about 3-1/2 inch) to use to make the meat and cheese cutouts. Also, look for packaged similarly-sized round salami slices.
- How to Use the Meat and Cheese Trimmings
Store the meat and cheese trimmings in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to use as desired, such as to prepare your favorite mixed green or pasta salad.
If you don't have the football-shaped cutter, you can instead cut a 1-1/2x1-inch football-shaped template from piece of thin cardboard. Use tip of small knife and cardboard template to cut the meat and cheese into football shapes as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|