RITZ Fried Pickles
Prep time35 min
ServingsMakes 9 servings, 4 pickle pieces and 1-1/2 tsp. dipping sauce each
- 1 qt. (4 cups) oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. water
- 4 large dill pickles, each cut into 9 slices
- ⅓ cup flour
- 32 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed
- Heat oil to 350°F in deep fryer.
- Mix mayonnaise and horseradish until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment. Whisk eggs and water until blended. Dip pickle slices, 1 at a time, in flour, then eggs, then cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat both sides of each slice with each ingredient. Place in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Add, in batches, to hot oil; cook 1 min. or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with mayonnaise mixture.
Substitute 1-1/2 tsp. barbecue sauce for the horseradish.
- Snack Mindfully
Turn your attention to your snack so you are eating in the moment.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|