RITZ® Cracker Stuffing
Crushed RITZ Crackers, walnuts and mushrooms take the place of traditional ingredients in this simply savory stuffing.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 11 servings, 1/2 cup each.
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped mushrooms or broccoli
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (13.7 oz.) RITZ Crackers, coarsely crushed (about 6 cups crumbs)
- 1¾ cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook mushrooms, onion and celery in butter in skillet on medium heat until tender.
- Mix cracker crumbs, walnuts, parsley, poultry seasoning, pepper and vegetable mixture in large bowl. Add broth and egg, tossing until well blended. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish or pan; cover.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Serving Suggestion
A serving of this cracker stuffing makes a great accompaniment to a serving of turkey, chicken or pork and your favorite steamed vegetables.
- To Halve
For fewer servings, recipe can be halved. Spoon into 1-quart baking dish; cover. Bake at 325°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use Your Microwave
Toss mushrooms, onion, celery and margarine in 2-1/2-quart microwavable bowl; cover. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients as directed; cover. Microwave on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes or until hot, stirring after 6 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 23g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|