RITZ Coated French Toasted OREO Cookies
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 12 RITZ Crackers, crushed
- 16 OREO Cookies
- 1 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup EACH raspberries and coarsely chopped strawberries
- ⅓ cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- Cover small baking sheet with parchment. Whisk egg and milk in small shallow dish until blended. Place crushed crackers in second shallow dish.
- Dunk 1 cookie into egg mixture, then cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat both sides of moistened cookie with crumbs. (See Note.) Gently press crumbs into both sides of cookie to secure; place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and cookies.
- Melt half the butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add 6 cookies; cook 30 sec. to 1 min. on each side or just until golden brown on both sides. (Do not overcook.) Place cookies on serving plate. Repeat with remaining butter and cookies.
- Serve warm topped with whipped topping, berries and syrup.
To prevent the cookies from being too soft, quickly dip each cookie into egg mixture before coating with the crumbs. There should be a small amount of egg mixture remaining after all the cookies have been dipped.
- How to Store
Place any leftover French-toasted cookies in tightly covered container. Refrigerate up to 3 days before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Added sugars 8g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|