RITZ-Coated Crab Poppers
Make ahead these scrumptious mini crab puffs, made with lump crabmeat, then bake and serve these elegant party appetizers when needed.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 15 servings, 2 topped crackers each.
- 60 RITZ Crackers, divided
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat, well picked over
- 1¼ cups mayonnaise, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, divided
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell peppers, divided
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Crush 30 crackers finely; place 1/2 cup cracker crumbs in pie plate. Reserve for later use.
- Mix remaining cracker crumbs with crabmeat, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, egg, 2 Tbsp. onions and 1 Tbsp. chopped red peppers until blended.
- Roll crabmeat mixture into 30 (1-inch) balls. Add, 1 at a time, to reserved cracker crumbs in pie plate; roll to evenly coat crabmeat balls with crumbs.
- Place on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining mayonnaise with lemon juice and ground red pepper until blended.
- Spread about 1 tsp. mayonnaise mixture onto each of the remaining crackers.
- Place crab puffs on crackers. Top with remaining mayonnaise mixture, onions and chopped red peppers.
Prepare using reduced-fat mayonnaise and RITZ Reduced Fat Crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|