RITZ Chorizo-Cheese Snackers
Chorizo adds a spicy touch to this black bean and corn salsa topped cracker that is the perfect Mexican appetizer for your next fiesta.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 4 topped crackers each.
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 2½ oz. smoked Gouda cheese, cut into 24 thin slices
- 2 cooked Mexican chorizo links, each cut into 12 slices
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup black bean and corn salsa
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place crackers in single layer on baking sheet; top with cheese and chorizo.
- Bake 5 to 7 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
Substitute 4 oz. sliced grilled pork tenderloin, cut into 12 pieces, for the sliced chorizo links. Or, grill 4 oz. of your favorite sausage links until done; slice, then use as directed.
Prepare using corn relish instead of the salsa. Purchase an already prepared corn relish at your supermarket or make your own by combining 1/2 cup roasted corn kernels, 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish and 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes or roasted red peppers. Makes about 2/3 cup relish. Store in covered container in refrigerator up to 1 week. Use leftover corn relish as a topping for grilled hot dogs or burgers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Added sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|