Make a fun veggie snack your kids will love with this cute caterpillar. They'll be so busy counting the legs that they won't notice they're eating their veggies!
- 3 stalks celery, divided
- ⅓ cup garden vegetable cream cheese spread, divided
- 8 RITZ Crackers, cut in half
- 8 small grape tomatoes
- 1 baby carrot, cut into 16 thin strips
- Cut 64 thin slices from 1 celery stalk; set aside. Cut each of the 2 remaining celery stalks crosswise into 4 (3-inch-long) pieces. Trim rounded sides of celery pieces to allow celery pieces to stand level when placed on plate.
- Reserve 1/4 tsp. cream cheese spread for later use. Fill celery pieces with remaining cream cheese spread. Insert 2 cracker halves into cream cheese in each celery piece, overlapping slightly as shown in photo, for the caterpillar's body.
- Add 4 celery slices to each side of each caterpillar's body for the legs. Place a tomato at one end of each caterpillar for the head, then add 2 dots of the reserved cream cheese spread to tomato for the eyes. Add carrot strips for the antennae.
Kids will love the look of these colorful caterpillars. And you'll love the fact that they're a good source of vitamin A, thanks to the carrot.
Substitute your favorite flavor of hummus for the cream cheese spread.
Substitute thin fresh chives or green onion strips for the carrot strips.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|