RITZ-Caramel Pretzel Mix
Salty and sweet snack mix has never tasted as yummy as this caramel coated combination of crackers, pretzels, peanuts and coconut. It's so delicious!
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 12 cups, or 36 servings, 1/3 cup each.
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) caramels
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 90 RITZ Crackers, coarsely broken
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Cook caramels, butter and water in large saucepan on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Combine cracker pieces, pretzels and nuts in large bowl. Add caramel sauce; mix lightly. Spread onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 min., stirring after 10 min. Spread onto large sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle with coconut; gently press coconut into caramel mixture with back of spoon. Cool completely before breaking into pieces.
You will need to use 3 sleeves of RITZ Crackers from the 13.7-oz. pkg. to get the 90 crackers needed for this recipe.
- Use Your Microwave to Melt the Caramels
Place caramels and butter in large microwaveable bowl. Add water. Microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 min. or until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring after each minute.
- How to Store
Store any leftovers in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Added sugars 7g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|