RITZ Caprese Firecrackers
Seasoned crackers are topped with fresh mozzarella, grape tomatoes and fresh basil in these Italian appetizers that make the perfect snack bites for your party.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 15 servings, 4 topped crackers each.
- 60 RITZ Crackers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 30 ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls in water (about 10 oz.), cut in half
- 30 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 60 small fresh basil leaves (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. roasted garlic aioli
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place crackers in large resealable plastic bag. Add oil; close bag, then shake gently to evenly coat crackers with oil. Add Italian seasoning and crushed pepper to crackers in bag; shake to evenly coat crackers with seasonings.
- Place crackers in single layer on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 3 to 5 min. or until golden brown; cool.
- Top crackers with mozzarella, tomatoes and basil just before serving. Drizzle with aioli.
- Make Ahead
The crackers can be seasoned and baked ahead of time. Cool, then store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. Top with remaining ingredients as directed just before serving.
Place seasoned crackers on prepared baking sheet; top with basil leaves, mozzarella and tomatoes. Drizzle aioli in lines over the tomatoes to resemble laces on footballs.
- For a Smaller Gathering
Season and bake crackers as directed. When ready to serve, just add the toppings to the number of crackers you need for the desired number of servings. Any remaining seasoned crackers can be served as is for snacking. Or, you can serve the seasoned crackers with your favorite store-bought spread, such as vegetable cream cheese or a cheddar spread.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|