RITZ Buffalo Chicken Mac 'n Cheese
Creamy and delicious, this spicy macaroni and cheese with chicken will be the best part of your dinner. Use a rotisserie chicken and it's easy, too!
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 1 cup each.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced, divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (8 oz.), cooked
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) shredded reduced-fat cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1½ cups shredded white meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 18 RITZ Crackers, coarsely crushed
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add carrots and 1/2 cup celery; cook and stir 2 min. Whisk in flour; cook 1 min., stirring frequently. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add macaroni, shredded cheese, chicken and wing sauce; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with crushed crackers.
- Bake 15 min. or until heated through.
- Top with blue cheese, tomatoes and remaining celery.
Take the time to savor the delicious flavor of this mac 'n cheese that can be included in a balanced diet on occasion.
- Rotisserie Chicken
Using a rotisserie chicken makes this macaroni and cheese recipe oh so quick to put together. After shredding the 1-1/2 cups white breast meat needed to prepare this recipe, refrigerate the remaining chicken up to 2 days before using as desired.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17g|
|Saturated fat 9g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||30 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|