Ricotta-Asparagus "Gratin" Dip
Fresh vegetables make this creamy, cheesy dip the perfect appetizer for your spring get-together or family party.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 3-1/2 cups dip, or 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 11 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3 green onions, cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add asparagus, onions and garlic; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Mix egg, ricotta, sour cream, Parmesan and dill until blended in medium bowl until blended. Add asparagus mixture; mix well.
- Spoon into 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
- Special Extra
Reserve a few asparagus tips from cooked vegetable mixture before stirring remaining cooked vegetable mixture into the ricotta mixture. Garnish baked dip with reserved asparagus pieces and a few red pepper strips before serving.
Substitute a shallow 1-qt. casserole dish for the pie plate.
Serve with WHEAT THINS Original Snacks instead of the Big Snacks. Makes 28 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|