Rice & Ham-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Chive and onion cream cheese spread gives this dish great flavor. As a bonus, the cracker crumb coating helps to keep the chicken perfectly moist.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 2 servings, 1 stuffed chicken breast each.
- ¼ cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
- ½ cup cooked instant white rice
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 lb.), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 6 slices deli-style smoked ham
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 RITZ Crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix cream cheese spread, rice and spinach until well blended.
- Place chicken breasts, top-sides down, on large cutting board. Top each with 3 ham slices and half of the rice mixture. Starting at one of the short ends, tightly roll up each chicken breast. Dip in egg, then in cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat each chicken breast. Place in greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- Serving Suggestion
Serve with steamed green beans or broccoli.
- How to Pound Chicken Breasts
Place 2 chicken breasts in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound the chicken with the side of a heavy can, rolling pin or meat mallet until chicken is 1/4-inch thick.
Substitute instant brown rice for the white rice.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18g|
|Saturated fat 8g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||35 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|