Ratatouille-White Bean Dip
This delicious appetizer is full of flavor from the grilled eggplant and zucchini topping the creamy bean dip. Perfect to feed a crowd!
- 1 small eggplant (6 oz.), trimmed
- 1 zucchini (6 oz.), trimmed
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp. EACH salt and black pepper, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers, patted dry, chopped
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Heat grill on medium heat.
- Cut eggplant and zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick lengthwise slices; place in medium bowl. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1/8 tsp. EACH salt and black pepper; mix lightly. Grill 3 to 4 min. on each side or until crisp-tender. Cool.
- Process remaining oil, salt and black pepper with all remaining ingredients except red peppers and WHEAT THINS in food processor until smooth; spoon into serving bowl.
- Chop grilled vegetables; place in medium bowl. Add red peppers; mix lightly. Spoon over dip.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Key ingredients for ratatouille are blended into this creamy white bean dip for a tasteful twist. As a bonus, the WHEAT THINS are a good source of fiber and add 21g of whole grain per serving when served with this smart veggie dip.
- Make Ahead
Grill vegetables and prepare dip as directed. Refrigerate (separately) up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, chop grilled vegetables; place in medium bowl. Add red peppers; mix lightly. Spoon dip into serving bowl; top with vegetable mixture.
Heat grill pan on medium-high heat. Use to grill the vegetables instead of cooking them on the outdoor grill.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 5g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|