Celebrate Halloween with these fun jack-o'-lantern sandwich cookies! By using CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, they only take 15 minutes to prepare.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- ⅓ cup orange candy coating wafers (about 2 oz.)
- 16 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies, divided
- 64 mini candy-coated chocolate chips (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 4 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. Halloween sprinkles
- 1 piece green licorice, cut into 8 pieces
- Cover baking sheet with parchment. Microwave candy coating wafers in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir until smooth.
- Dip tops of 8 cookies, 1 at a time, into melted candy coating; place, dipped sides up, on prepared baking sheet. Decorate with chocolate chips to resemble jack-o'-lanterns. Let stand 5 min.
- Mix Neufchatel, sugar and orange zest until blended; spread onto remaining cookies. Top with decorated cookies, gently pressing cookies together to secure.
- Roll edges in sprinkles. Stand cookie-wiches on their sides. Insert licorice piece into cream mixture at top of each for pumpkin stem. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Make Ahead
The Neufchatel mixture can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before using as directed. The decorated cookies can be stored up to 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 23g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|