Pretty Pumpkin Cheese Ball
This impressive, yet easy-to-make, pumpkin-shaped cheddar cheese ball will make the perfect addition to your Halloween or fall charcuterie board. Serve with RITZ Crackers for the perfect appetizer.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. cheese spread and 5 crackers each.
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) finely shredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg. (1.4 oz.) dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, divided
- 2 slices (0.75 oz. each) Colby Jack cheese
- RITZ Crackers
- Mix Neufchatel, cheddar, soup mix, mayonnaise and mustard until blended; spoon onto large sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap plastic wrap around cheese mixture while shaping cheese mixture into ball.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Unwrap cheese ball; place on plate, smoothing surface and reshaping cheese ball if necessary. Use wooden spoon handle to press several vertical indents into surface of cheese ball to resemble a pumpkin.
- Cut green parts of 2 onions into thin strips; press into indentations in cheese ball. Cut piece off top of remaining onion; press into top of pumpkin for the stem.
- Use small cookie cutter to cut leaf shapes from Colby Jack cheese slices. Place around pumpkin stem and on plate around cheese ball.
- Serve with crackers.
- Size Wise
Enjoy eating appetizers at a social occasion but be mindful of portion size so you don’t overdo it on calories.
Prepare using cheddar cheese slices, or 1 slice EACH cheddar and Colby Jack cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|