PREMIUM BLT Toppers
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 2 topped crackers each.
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. basil pesto
- 8 slices center-cut bacon, cut lengthwise, then crosswise in half
- 16 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers
- 2 small plum tomatoes, each cut into 8 slices
- 1 cup finely shredded romaine lettuce
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix mayonnaise and pesto until blended. Cover baking sheet with parchment.
- Wrap 1 bacon piece around each cracker so that ends meet at bottom of cracker; repeat with second bacon piece, wrapping it in crisscross pattern around cracker. Place, top sides up, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until bacon is crisp, turning after 6 min.
- Top with tomatoes, lettuce and mayonnaise mixture.
- Make Ahead
These tasty cracker snacks can be prepared ahead of time. Cool, then store in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days. If desired, crisp snacks up in 350°F oven for a few minutes just before serving topped with remaining ingredients as directed. Or, omit the toppings and use the bacon-wrapped crackers as a substitute for croutons in your favorite tossed green salad.
Cut each bacon slice lengthwise into 2 strips instead of cutting as directed. Wrap 1 strip around each cracker twice, starting at bottom of cracker and not overlapping edges of bacon pieces as they are wrapped parallel to each other around cracker. Place, top sides up, on prepared baking sheet. Bake, then top with remaining ingredients as directed.
Prepare as directed, using fully cooked bacon slices and reducing the oven baking time to 5 to 7 min. or until bacon is crisp and heated through. Top with remaining ingredients as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3.5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|