Pork Milanesa with Warm Spinach, Grapefruit & Pomegranate Salad
Prep time60 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 6 servings.
- 1½ lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 6 pieces, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 25 PREMIUM Multigrain Saltine Crackers, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- ¼ cup oil, divided
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 2 pkg. (6 oz. each) baby spinach leaves
- 1 large pink grapefruit, segmented
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (about 3/4 cup)
- Dip meat in sour cream, then in cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat both sides of each piece.
- Reserve 2 tsp. oil. Heat 2 Tbsp. of the remaining oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add meat, in batches; cook 4 min. on each side or until done (160ºF), adding remaining oil as needed. Cover to keep warm.
- Mix dressing and pomegranate juice until well blended. Heat reserved oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in dressing mixture; bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add spinach; toss to evenly coat. Stir in grapefruit and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve salad with meat.
- Serving Suggestion
Balance this festive main dish with a smart side dish, such as a serving of hot steamed rice.
- How to Pound Meat to Flatten
To flatten pork cutlets, place meat in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound meat with meat mallet to desired thickness. The bag will contain the liquids from the meat, helping to minimize the mess. The flattened meat can then be stored in the sealed bag in refrigerator or freezer until ready to be used.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Vitamin A||80 %DV|
|Vitamin C||50 %DV|