Pork & Black Bean Chili
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 1 cup each.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1½ lb. pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, drained
- 1 can (28 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 plantain, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ½ cup sour cream
- RITZ Crackers
- Cook onions and bacon in large saucepan on medium-high heat 5 min. or just until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Add tenderloin pieces; cook 8 min. or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper and paprika; cook 1 min.
- Add beans and tomatoes; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally. Add plantains; cook 5 min. or until heated through.
- Spoon into eight bowls; top with sour cream. Serve with the crackers.
Use pre-chopped onions found in the frozen vegetable section of the supermarket. Just measure out what you need and start cooking - no need to thaw first.
- Special Extra
Add your choice of toppings, such as your favorite shredded cheese, additional chopped onions and/or sliced black olives.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 5g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|