"Pine Cone" Pesto Cheese Topper
Sophisticated flavors of basil pesto and toasted almonds combine in this bite sized appetizer that looks like mini pine cones on RITZ Crackers.
Prep time5 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 4 topped crackers each.
- 4 oz. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 16 RITZ Crackers
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sliced almonds, broken in half
- 16 small fresh basil leaves
- Mix Neufchatel cheese and pesto until blended; spoon into resealable plastic bag.
- Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to pipe Neufchatel mixture into oval shape on top of each cracker.
- Press nut pieces into Neufchatel mixture to resemble pine cones.
- Add basil sprigs.
- Size Wise
Manage portions by using a smaller plate for your snacks.
Substitute fresh parsley sprigs for the basil.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|