Philly Cheesesteak Dip
All the delicious flavors of a classic Philadelphia cheesesteak are combined in this party appetizer. Dip WHEAT THINS into this cheesy goodness and enjoy!
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 4 cups dip, or 32 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 11 WHEAT THINS each.
- 2 EACH green, red and yellow peppers, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- ¼ cup non-alcoholic beer
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Cut 1-1/2 of each color pepper into 1/2-inch-wide strips; reserve for later use. Chop remaining pepper pieces; combine in medium bowl. Remove 3 Tbsp. of the chopped peppers; reserve for garnish.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and remaining chopped peppers; cook 3 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add meat; cook 2 min. or until done, stirring frequently.
- Return cooked vegetables to skillet. Add cheeses, steak sauce and beer; mix well. Cook on medium heat 3 to 5 min. or until cheeses are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Spoon into serving dish.
- Garnish with reserved chopped peppers.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS and reserved pepper strips for dipping.
Omit steak and the 1 Tbsp. oil used to cook the steak. Chop a 1-lb. piece of deli roast beef. Add to the cooked vegetables in skillet along with the cheeses, steak sauce and beer; continue as directed.
- Use Your Slow Cooker
Cook onions, peppers and meat in hot oil in skillet as directed; spoon into slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Add cheeses, steak sauce and beer; stir. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours (or on HIGH 1 to 2 hours) or until cheeses are completely melted and dip is heated through when stirred. NOTE: If doubling the recipe to feed a crowd, double all ingredients and increase the cooking time on LOW to 5 to 6 hours (or to 2 to 3 hours on HIGH). Serve as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Added sugars 4g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||16 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|