Peppermint-OREO Cookie Balls
Candy canes + OREOS + dark chocolate = unresistably delicious easy-to-make cookie balls perfect for your party or gift-giving.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 48 servings.
- 6 small candy canes, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup), divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Reserve 1 Tbsp. chopped candy. Mix remaining candy with cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed-paper covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
These cookie balls, with their own built-in portion control, can be enjoyed on occasion. Just remember to keep tabs on portions.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls on prepared baking sheet; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
If any melted chocolate remains after all balls are coated, store in tightly covered container at room temperature until ready to use as desired.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|