Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Citrus-Tomato Topping
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- 4 navel oranges (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 35 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves(2 lb.), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Peel oranges; cut into segments over medium bowl, reserving juice in bowl. Mix 2 Tbsp. orange juice and mayo in pie plate. Mix cracker crumbs and nuts in second pie plate. Discard remaining orange juice; place orange segments in bowl.
- Dip chicken in mayo mixture, then crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet. Add half the chicken; cook 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown on both sides and done (165ºF), turning after 5 min. Remove chicken from skillet; carefully wipe skillet with paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add tomatoes and onions to oranges; mix lightly. Serve spooned over chicken.
Substitute other winter citrus fruits, such as mandarins, clementines or tangelos, for the navel oranges.
Substitute walnuts or Slivered Almonds for the pecans.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 22g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 8g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||70 %DV|