Pear and Almond Brown Betty
Ginger snap crumbs are layered with canned pear slices, topped with almonds and baked until bubbly for a comforting, old-fashioned dessert.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 9 servings.
- 2 cans (29 oz. each) sliced pears in juice, undrained
- 24 NABISCO Ginger Snaps, coarsely crushed (about 2 cups crumbs)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup of the pear juice. Set reserved juice aside for later use. Spread half of the pear slices in lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cookie crumbs. Repeat layers with remaining pears and remaining cookie crumbs; sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Combine 1/2 cup reserved pear juice and the sugar; drizzle over ingredients in baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until hot and bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve warm topped with the whipped topping.
- Great Substitute
Substitute 4 cans (16 oz. each) sliced pears in juice for the 2 cans (29 oz. each) sliced pears in juice.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Dietary fiber 5g|
|Total sugars 29g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|