Peanut Butter, Caramel and Almond Bars
Graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and almonds form the base for these yummy no-bake bar cookies that are topped with melted caramels and chocolate.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 36 servings.
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 12 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 1½ cups slivered almonds, chopped, divided
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) caramels
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate (6 oz.), chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- Mix peanut butter and melted butter in large bowl until blended. Add sugar, graham crumbs and 1 cup nuts; mix well. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook caramels and water in large saucepan on low heat until caramels are completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring frequently. Pour over crust.
- Cook chocolate and 3 Tbsp. butter in large saucepan on low heat until chocolate is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring frequently. Spread over caramel layer on crust. Immediately top with remaining nuts; press gently into chocolate layer with back of spoon.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until caramel and chocolate layers are firm before cutting into bars to serve.
Substitute 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans for the almonds.
Substitute 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks for the chopped chocolate.
- How to Store
Store these delicious bars in a tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 3 days before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 23g|
|Added sugars 21g|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|