PB and J Bars
Prep time20 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 36 servings.
- 14 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape), divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Coarsely chop 4 cookies; reserve for later use.
- Use pulsing action of food processor to finely chop remaining cookies. Add oats, flour, sugar, butter and baking powder; pulse until mixture resemble coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until edges of crust are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Spread crust with jam; top with remaining oat mixture, nuts and reserved chopped cookies. Bake 18 to 20 min. or until topping is golden brown, and filling is hot and bubbly. Cool completely.
- Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
Prepare using strawberry preserves or your favorite flavor of jam, jelly or preserves.
- Don't Have a Food Processor?
Finely chop remaining cookies, then use a pastry blender or 2 knives to mix the ingredients for the crust and crumb topping.
- How To Evenly Press Crumb Mixture Onto Bottom of Prepared Pan
Use bottom of dry measuring cup, or drinking glass, to press crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 12g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|