Patriotic CHIPS AHOY! Ice Cream Sandwiches
Celebrate 4th of July with these fun frozen treats! Chips Ahoy! ice cream sandwiches are dipped in chocolate and red, white and blue sprinkles for an easy dessert.
Prep time15 min
Total time4hr 15min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 1 sandwich each.
- 24 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- 1½ cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup red, white and blue sprinkles
- Top flat sides of each of 12 cookies with ice cream. Cover with remaining cookies to make sandwiches.
- Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Dip sandwiches, 1 at a time, halfway into melted chocolate, then into sprinkles; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
Prepare using your favorite flavor of ice cream, sherbet or frozen yogurt.
- Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Minis
For bite-size sandwiches, prepare using 72 Mini CHIPS AHOY! Chocolate Chip Cookies, filling each cookie sandwich with 2 tsp. ice cream. Makes 12 servings, 3 sandwiches each.
- Storage Know-How
Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap or foil; place in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|