Pass-the-Torch OREO Treats
Parents rejoice! By serving these marshmallow crispy treat and cookie desserts in ice cream cone cups, kids can easily enjoy a fun treat without a mess!
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 20 servings.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 16 OREO Cookies, chopped
- 20 ice cream cone cups
- 2 Tbsp. coarse orange-colored sugar
- Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec.
- Add cereal and chopped cookies; mix well.
- Use ice cream scoop to portion cereal mixture into 20 mounds; place in COMET Cups. Shape tops into points with your hands to resemble flames in torches as shown in photo.
- Dip tops, 1 at a time, into sugar. Cool completely.
Omit coarse orange-colored sugar. Substitute 1 Tbsp. EACH orange-colored and yellow-colored (regular) sugar, combining the 2 sugars before using as directed.
- Special Extra
Melt 2 oz. white baking chocolate as directed on package. Dip pointed tops of cereal mixture (in COMET Cups) into melted chocolate before dipping into the sugar.
Prepare using COMET Sugar Cones.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|