Party Cheese Ball
Known to frequent holiday open houses, this creamy appetizer with a nutty exterior doesn't stick around long. Which is exactly why you'll want to keep this recipe handy.
Prep time15 min
Total time3hr 15min
ServingsMakes 3 cups cheese spread, or 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. spread and 5 crackers each.
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- RITZ Crackers
- Beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese in medium bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients except nuts and crackers; mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Shape cheese mixture into ball; roll in nuts.
- Serve with crackers.
Prepare recipe as directed, using Neufchatel cheese and shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese. In addition, coat the cheese ball with chopped fresh parsley instead of the chopped nuts and serve with RITZ Reduced Fat Crackers.
Substitute pimentos for the red bell peppers and/or toasted chopped slivered almonds or finely chopped fresh parsley for the nuts.
Mix cream cheese mixture as directed; shape into log or 24 small balls, each about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in nuts until evenly coated. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 18g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 1g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|