Parmesan-Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce
Can you imagine if the crusty-crunchy chicken Parm with silky, creamy sauce you order whenever you see it on a menu were made to fit your healthy eating plan? You're welcome.
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- ½ cup water
- 6 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 2 tsp. oil
- ⅓ cup chive and onion 1/3-less-fat than cream cheese
- ¾ lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, steamed
- Cook rice in 1-1/4 cups broth and 1/2 cup water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan on plate. Rinse chicken with water; gently shake off excess water. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Discard any remaining crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (165°F). Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Add remaining broth and reduced-fat cream cheese to skillet; bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Cook 3 min. or until thickened, stirring frequently; spoon over chicken. Serve with rice and asparagus.
Good news! This great-tasting low-sodium oh-so-easy dinner contains foods from three different food groups, helping you to eat a variety of foods.
Prepare using plain reduced-fat cream cheese and adding 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives to skillet along with the remaining broth and reduced-fat cream cheese.
Substitute 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green beans, cooked and drained, for the asparagus.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 13g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Dietary fiber 5g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|