Our Best Chocolate Cheesecake
For your friends and family, nothing but the best will do. When it comes to dessert, this rich, creamy chocolate cheesecake with an Oreo Cookie crust tops the list.
Prep time30 min
Total time5hr 35min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 18 OREO Cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1½ cups mixed seasonal fresh fruit (chopped strawberries, sliced kiwi)
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with whipped topping and fruit.
Looking for a special treat? One serving of this cheesecake is full of chocolatey flavor.
- How to Bake in 13x9-inch Pan
Prepare as directed, substituting a greased foil-lined 13x9-inch pan for the springform pan and reducing the baking time to 40 to 45 min. or until center is almost set. Use foil handles to remove chilled cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.
If using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan, reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 25g|
|Saturated fat 15g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 27g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|