OREO Witch Cookie Balls
Prep time40 min
Total time2hr 30min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 30 OREO Cookies, divided
- 4 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. green candy coating wafers, melted
- 3 oz. black string licorice, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 Tbsp. candy-coated chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. sprinklesor confetti candy
- 24 chocolate candies
- 24 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces
- Split 12 cookies; remove and discard creme filling.
- Crush remaining cookies; mix with cream cheese until blended. Shape into 24 (1-inch) balls; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
- Dip balls, 1 at a time, in coating, turning to evenly coat each ball. Return to baking sheet, allowing excess coating to pool at bottom of each ball. Immediately decorate with licorice, candy-coated chips and sprinkles to resemble witch heads as shown in photo.
- Refrigerate 30 min. Top with cookie halves and chocolate candies for the witches' hats, securing all pieces with remaining candy coating. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Size Wise
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted coating. Then, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted coating. Use 2 forks to roll balls in coating until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess coating drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until firm. If coating becomes too thick, add up to 1 tsp. shortening to each 8 oz. of candy wafers.
Prepare using 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate tinted with a few drops of green food coloring.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 17g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|