OREO Werewolf Cookie Balls
Prep time60 min
Total time2hr 20min
ServingsMakes 24 servings
- 4 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 18 OREO Cookies, crushed
- 3 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 12 Mini OREO Cookie, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. mini candy button eyes
- 1 Tbsp. small hot cinnamon candies
- 12 miniature marshmallows, cut diagonally in half
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 24 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
- Dip balls, 1 at a time, in melted chocolate, turning to evenly coat each ball. Return to baking sheet. Immediately use small knife or toothpick to dab some of the remaining chocolate onto cookie balls, pulling chocolate away from ball to resemble spiky fur. Decorate with cookie pieces and remaining ingredients to resemble werewolf faces as shown in photo, shaping marshmallow pieces into pointed fangs and securing pieces with remaining melted chocolate if necessary.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Size Wise
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted chocolate. Then, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until firm. NOTE: If chocolate becomes too thick, add up to 2 tsp. shortening to each 16 oz. of chocolate.
- Special Extra
Dip mini candy button eyes halfway into melted chocolate before using to decorate cookie balls as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 12g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|