OREO Surprise Cake
Celebrate a birthday with this chocolate layer cake topped with OREO Cookies and ganache - and have fun cutting into the center full of sprinkles!
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 50min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1 piece each.
- 15 OREO Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 can (16 oz.) ready-to-spread white frosting, divided
- ½ cup multi-colored sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cover bottoms of 3 (8-inch) round pans with parchment; spray with cooking spray.
- Chop 8 cookies. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove cakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Trim rounded tops off cake layers if necessary to make layers level. Discard trimmings or reserve for snacking.
- Microwave cream and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, reserve 1/4 cup frosting for later use. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with half of the remaining frosting. Cut 3-inch round from center of 1 of the remaining cake layers; reserve center cutout for later use. Place cake layer (with center piece removed) on cake layer on plate; spread with remaining frosting. Fill hole with sprinkles. Cover with remaining cake layer.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. chocolate mixture onto reserved center cake cutout; set aside. Spread remaining chocolate mixture onto top of cake. Place cutout on top of cake. Decorate with reserved frosting and remaining cookies.
- How to Store
Keep frosted cake refrigerated.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 20g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 43g|
|Added sugars 41g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|