OREO Scary O Cookies
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 2 servings, 2 cookies each.
- 4 DOUBLE STUF OREO Cookies
- Twist the top and bottom halves of each cookie in opposite directions to separate the cookie halves, leaving all the creme on one half of each cookie.
- Carve out the top edge of the creme to make the pumpkin stem as shown in photo, using a toothpick or wooden skewer to carve out the creme.
- Carve out the eyes and mouths with the toothpick, removing and discarding any excess creme.
- Hints on Twisting the Cookies Apart
Twist the cookies apart gently in a back-and-forth motion to release one cookie half from the creme. Or, you can use a small metal spatula to scrape the creme close to one half of the cookie. Any creme remaining on the plain cookie halves can be spread onto the creme-topped cookie halves. If desired, you can scrape off and discard any creme smudges with the spatula, skewer or toothpick.
- Special Extra
After carving the jack-o'-lanterns, press the cookies, creme sides down, into orange-colored sugar. Gently shake the cookies to remove any excess sugar.
Prepare this fun recipe using Boo OREO Cookies.