OREO Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Creamy, rich cheesecake, studded with OREO cookies, is taken up a notch with the addition of peanut butter. All this sitting atop a delicious OREO crust. Everyone will hound you for your recipe!
Prep time20 min
Total time5hr 20min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 39 OREO Cookies, divided
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Crush 16 cookies to form fine crumbs; coarsely chop remaining cookies. Mix crushed cookies and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and peanut butter; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Gently stir in chopped cookies. Pour over crust.
- Bake 50 min. to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
Prepare using Neufchatel cheese and reduced-fat sour cream.
- Make it Easy
When cutting creamy-textured desserts, such as cheesecakes, carefully wipe off the knife blade between cuts with a damp clean towel. This prevents the creamy filling from building up on the blade, ensuring nice clean cuts that leave the filling intact.
- How to Test for Doneness
Check a cheesecake for doneness by gently shaking the pan. If the cheesecake is done, it will be set except for a small area in the center that will be soft and jiggly. Do not insert a knife into the center as this can cause the cooled cheesecake to crack.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 35g|
|Saturated fat 16g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 24g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|