Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 3 servings, 2 cookies each.
- 6 OREO Mint Creme Cookies
- Twist the top and bottom halves of each cookie in opposite directions to separate the cookie halves, leaving all the creme on one half of each cookie.
- Carve the creme into a monster's head shape as shown in photo, using a small metal spatula, toothpick or wooden skewer. (Note: Carve along both sides and top of the creme to make the rectangular head shape.)
- Break apart 1 or 2 plain cookie halves, then use to make the monsters' hair and neck bolts, gently pressing the cookie pieces into the creme to secure.
- Use a toothpick to carve the monsters' eyes, eyebrows, noses and mouths into creme, carefully scraping off and discarding any excess creme.
- Hints on Twisting the Cookie Halves Apart
Twist the cookies apart gently in a back-and-forth motion to release one cookie half from the creme. Or, you can use a small metal spatula to scrape the creme close to one half of the cookie. Any creme remaining on the plain cookie halves can be spread onto the creme-topped cookie halves. If desired, you can scrape off and discard any creme smudges with the spatula, skewer or toothpick.
- Special Extra
Decorate with black sprinkles, small candies and/or colored sugar as desired.