OREO Marshmallow Football Cookie Pops
Looking for the best dessert recipe for the big game? These football cookie pops use OREO Cookies, so they're a fun, no bake recipe to share at any tailgate party!
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ tsp. water
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 12 OREO Cookies
- 6 marshmallows, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 tsp. white decorating icing
- Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Mix water and food coloring until well blended; drizzle over coconut. Seal bag. Squeeze bag to evenly tint coconut with the food coloring. Empty coconut onto large plate; spread to form even layer on plate. Set aside.
- Cover baking sheet with wax paper. Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip one end of 1 wooden pop stick into chocolate, then insert dipped end into filling in 1 cookie; place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies and additional pop sticks.
- Use small amount of the remaining melted chocolate to attach cut side of 1 marshmallow half to each cookie, aligning bottom edge of marshmallow along bottom edge of cookie as shown in photo. Press marshmallow gently into each cookie to secure.
- Dip bottom half of marshmallow-cookie pop into remaining melted chocolate; hold cookie pop over bowl of chocolate to let excess chocolate drip back into the bowl, then dip chocolate-covered half of cookie pop into coconut. Stand cookie pop on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie pops.
- Refrigerate 10 min. or until chocolate is firm. Use decorating icing to draw laces on cookie pops to resemble footballs as shown in photo.
- Special Extra
Double the amounts of both the coconut and food coloring. After dipping all the cookie pops into the melted chocolate and coconut as directed, reserve the remaining coconut for later use. Stand the cookie pops on a serving tray just before serving. Surround with the remaining coconut to resemble the grass on a football field.
- How to Store
Store the cookie pops in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days before serving.
Substitute green colored sprinkles for the green-tinted coconut.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 12g|
|Added sugars 10g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|