Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 2 servings.
- 2 OREO Cookies
- 4 tsp. red-tinted ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
- ½ tsp. ready-to-spread vanilla frosting (untinted)
- 2 tsp. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Mini OREO Cookies
- 4 pieces black string licorice (1 inch)
- Split large cookies, leaving filling on 1 side of each cookie. Cut filling-topped cookie pieces in half for the ladybugs' wings.
- Spread remaining plain side of each wing with red frosting. Press chocolate chips, bottom sides down, into red frosting.
- Secure wings, red frosting sides up and rounded edges out, to tops of remaining plain cookie halves with additional frosting, separating wings slightly.
- Use remaining red frosting to attach mini cookies to bases of wings as shown in photo. Secure licorice pieces to the heads with untinted frosting for the antennae.
- Storage Know-How
Loosely wrap prepared ladybugs in plastic wrap. Store at room temperature up to 3 days before serving.
- How to Tint Frosting
Spoon 4 tsp. frosting into small bowl; stir in drops of red food coloring, 1 at a time, until frosting is tinted to desired shade of red.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 18g|
|Added sugars 17g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|