OREO Holiday Cookie Ball Tree
For the perfect holiday dessert and centerpiece, try this cookie ball tree! Just arrange the cookie balls on a foam tree using toothpicks and voila!
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 40min
ServingsMakes 96 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 72 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 8 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp. EACH white sugar crystals, and white or blue sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 96 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip cookie balls into melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow wax paper-lined pan. Drizzle with any remaining white chocolate. Sprinkle with sugars and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Cover a 12-inch foam tree with plastic wrap. Insert 1 wooden toothpick into each cookie ball, then insert other end of toothpick into prepared tree. Repeat with remaining cookies balls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Size Wise
Looking for a sweet treat but don't want to overindulge? These delicious cookie balls are the perfect way to help you keep tabs on portions.
- Make 48 Cookie Balls at a Time
Since this cookie ball tree recipe makes so many cookie balls, you might find it easier to make 48 balls at a time. Use half of the ingredients - 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, 36 cookies and 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate to make the 48 cookie balls. Decorate the coated cookie balls with half EACH of the sugars and sprinkles. Refrigerate while using remaining ingredients to make the remaining 48 cookie balls.
- Foam Tree
Look for foam trees or cones at your local craft store. A 12-inch cone should fit the 96 cookie balls coated in this recipe. Or, if you use a smaller 8- to 9-inch cone, then cut the recipe ingredients in half to make just 48 cookie balls. A smaller 6-inch cone or tree should hold about 30 cookie balls. Serve any cookie balls that won't fit on the tree on a fun holiday plate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 10g|
|Added sugars 20g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|