OREO Ghosts Melt Away Brownies
A boxed mix makes a fun Halloween dessert when you top it with melting ghosts! A few purchased ingredients and 15 minutes of prep will get you this fudgy treat.
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 30 servings.
- 1 pkg. (18 to 20 oz.) fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 14 OREO Cookies, chopped, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Halloween sprinkles
- 1¼ cups ready-to-spread white frosting (about 3/4 of 16-oz. can), divided
- 30 marshmallows
- 60 black disc-shaped quin sprinkles (about 1/2 tsp.)
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package, stirring 2/3 of the chopped cookies into batter before pouring into prepared pan. Top with remaining chopped cookies and Halloween sprinkles.
- Bake 25 to 28 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely.
- Cut brownie into 30 pieces. Spread a dab of frosting onto one flat end of each marshmallow; place, frosting sides down, on tops of brownies.
- Microwave 1/2 of the remaining frosting on HIGH 10 to 20 sec. or just until warmed and smooth when stirred. (Do not over heat.) Spoon evenly over tops of marshmallows on 15 of the brownies, letting frosting run down sides of marshmallows and onto tops of brownies. Add black disc-shaped sprinkles to coated marshmallows for the ghosts' eyes.
- Microwave remaining frosting, then spoon over remaining marshmallow-topped brownies as directed.
- Let brownies stand 10 min. or until frosting is firm.
Decrease frosting to 1 cup. Microwave frosting in microwaveable bowl just until warmed. Use small dots of frosting to attach sprinkles to marshmallows for the snowmen's eyes. Spoon remaining warmed frosting into irregular shapes onto tops of cut brownies, adding about 1 tsp. frosting to each brownie. Top with marshmallows.
Substitute 1/2 tsp. black decorating gel or 60 mini chocolate chips for the black disc-shaped eyes.
Melt 16 oz. white candy coating as directed on package. Use instead of the frosting.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 24g|
|Added sugars 24g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|