Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 2 servings, 2 cookies each.
- 4 DOUBLE STUF OREO Cookies
- 8 black confetti sprinkles, miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips or small round candies
- Twist the top and bottom halves of each cookie in opposite directions to separate the cookie halves, leaving all the creme on one half of each cookie.
- Carve the creme into a ghost shape by using a small ghost-shaped cookie cutter to make the outline of a ghost in the creme. Then, use a toothpick or small metal spatula to scrape away and discard the creme from around the ghosts.
- Add sprinkles to the ghosts for the eyes.
- Hints on Twisting the Cookie Halves Apart
Twist the cookies apart gently in a back-and-forth motion to release one cookie half from the creme. Or, you can use a small metal spatula to scrape the creme close to one half of the cookie. Any creme remaining on the plain cookie halves can be spread onto the creme-topped cookie halves. If desired, you can scrape off and discard any creme smudges with the spatula, skewer or toothpick.
If you don't have a small ghost-shaped cookie cutter, you can instead use a toothpick or wooden skewer to draw the outline of a ghost shape in the creme. Then, scrape away the excess creme with the toothpick.