OREO Frozen Peanut Butter Dessert
Some might argue the point, but they'd be wrong: There simply is no more delicious combination than salted peanuts, smooth vanilla ice cream and rich chocolate.
Prep time15 min
Total time4hr 45min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 30 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 qt. (7 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping(Do not thaw.)
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate(6 oz.)
- ½ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Freeze until ready to use. Microwave peanut butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Swirl peanut butter into ice cream; spread over crust. Freeze 30 min.
- Microwave whipped topping and chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 min. or until smooth, stirring after each minute.
- Spread whipped topping mixture over ice cream layer; top with nuts. Freeze 4 hours. Remove from freezer 10 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before cutting. Freeze leftovers.
Substitute 1 cup caramel ice cream topping for the peanut butter. Do not microwave before pouring over ice cream layer.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 19g|
|Saturated fat 9g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 20g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|