OREO French Toast Nuggets
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 18 servings, 2 pieces each.
- 10 OREO Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Heat oven 400°F.
- Crush 6 cookies finely; place in shallow dish. Coarsely chop remaining cookies.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk in medium bowl with whisk until blended. Gently stir in chopped cookies.
- Flatten bread slices with rolling pin; spread with cream cheese mixture, using about 1 Tbsp. for each. Starting at one short side, roll up each bread slice tightly. Brush evenly with butter; roll in crushed cookies.
- Cut each roll-up into thirds; place, seam sides down, on baking sheet
- Bake 12 min. or until heated through. Serve warm.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve these nuggets with fresh fruit.
- Make Ahead
Roll-ups can be assembled and sliced ahead of time. Place, seam sides down, in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Place in resealable plastic bag; freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator before baking as directed just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|