OREO Egg Cookie Balls
Prep time40 min
Total time1hr 40min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, melted, divided
- few drops food coloring
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) egg-shaped balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
- Dip balls, 1 at a time, in melted chocolate, turning to evenly coat each ball. Return to baking sheet. Tint remaining chocolate with food coloring; spoon into resealable plastic bag. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to decorate “eggs.”
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Size Wise
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Decorating Ideas
Immediately after coating cookie balls with melted chocolate, decorate them with colored sugars, pastel sprinkles and/or small candies instead of drizzling them with the tinted chocolate.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted chocolate. Then, dip in small batches for best results.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|